Would you like to bring a Laughter and Wellness Workshop to your educational establishment?
Nancy can do anything from an hours session or a program covering Laughter for Happiness And Well-being, Gratitude and Kindness, Exam De-stress sessions, and Teacher Training Days. If you would like more information please contact Nancy to discuss your needs.
Laughter Yoga in schools, colleges or universities benefits students and teachers alike building compassionate and collaborative relationships.
Here are some of the main benefits:
- Improves communication between teachers and students producing a more positive environment. A bond is created when students and teachers can laugh together with playfulness.
- Increases net oxygen supply to the body and brain improving concentration and performance for both students and teachers.
- Increases capacity of the lungs and so improves stamina.
- Increases attention span, decreases restlessness and reduces stress so enabling all to concentrate better.
- Creates an emotional balance. Laughter Yoga helps release physical, mental and emotional stress simultaneously.
- Increases self confidence which in turn helps to reduce inhibitions and shyness.
- Strengthens the immune system so improves attendance.
- In times of examinations Laughter Yoga can can help to relieve some of the constant pressure students are under, reducing stress and improve results.
- Educational establishments are often seen as serious places of learning and often discourage laughter (which is understandable when students are trying to concentrate). The discouragement of laughter can have detrimental effects on emotional and mental well being whether this be at school or home and can lead to a person having difficulty expressing enjoyment as an adult.
- For students who lack confidence in the class or in a group or are introverted Laughter Yoga can be an ice breaker. It can help with bonding with class mates and so improving their relationships, builds on their self esteem and enables them to release any angst they might have.
- Laughter is a language shared by all around the world – no religion, race, language or ability barriers.
- The closing meditation allows for complete relaxation before students and teachers move on to the next part of their day.
Telegraph article:All children should receive happiness lessons from the age of 5
For more information or to book a session please don’t hesitate to contact us.